Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

I have a 1998 Dodge caravan 3.3 eng. I changed the Battery

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Dodge caravan 3.3 eng. I changed the Battery the factory alarm has activated and the van won't start. I did not get a remote pad when I got the car two years ago.. how can I reset the alarm on this
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer there are 2 ways to disarm the factory alarm. 1 with the remote, and 2 using the key to unlock the doors or the rear lift gate. Since you do not have the remote, use the key. Try each front door and the lift gate. If that does not work, then the little switches on the door locks broke. Try that and let me know if that works.

Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Caravan. Let me know if you need further assistance.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

I was wondering if you are sure that this van does indeed have a factory alarm? Because if it has an aftermarket alarm, I have a different answer. Just checking.