Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I am unable ti get a ground on the fuel injectors, Yes

Customer Question

I am unable ti get a ground on the fuel injectors
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes perfectly i have zero problems in fact drove into drive parked came out 5 min later would not start
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1998 dodge ram 1500, i did get stuck ealier that day ub sand up to running bosrds but dug out and drove all day no ptoblem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Typo 1998
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Typo again 1999
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description sounds like you have no injector pulse. The ground is pulsed to the injectors during cranking from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If you have a code reader see if it will communicate. If there is no communication the PCM is most likely at fault. If you have communication most likely the Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor has failed.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.