Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

Would the A/C not working have something to do with a

Customer Question

Would the A/C not working have something to do with a missing Power Steering belt? The wheels for the power steering are not even turning when the motor is turned on? The Alternator turns though and that belt is fine.
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all? What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 dodge neon ACR. Yes the wheel turns but it is of course semi tough to move.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The fluid is low I think there is a leak
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yeah if its not too tough I am not super mechanically inclined. Have done oil changes, changed break pads thats about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Yes if the belt is missing from the power steering then its also missing from the AC compressor. The PS pump and the AC compressor uses the same belt . See the diagram in the link below for belt routeing. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Replace the missing belt and you should be okay.