Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

The warning light is on and I change the rotor calipers and

Customer Question

the warning light is on and I change the rotor calipers and hose I think the valve is bad because the had locked up a couple times it got red hot so I want to replace every thing I already bought the rotors/calipers/hose
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: 180 miles
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1988 b250-3/4ton van
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I have those items new for the 2nd time I do not want to put those on without replacing the valve
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no thanks I am a mechanic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is it the yellow ABS light that is on or the Red brake light?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, did you receive my reply?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Ok, well there were several updates to the software on that model for various driveability issues including shifting quality. So I recommend getting the Jeep to the dealer and ask them to check and update all of the control modules. There is a very good chance that this will fix it.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so please take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you

Chris