Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2010 Doge Journey AWD. years now I have had some

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Doge Journey AWD. For several years now I have had some issues with starting the car. It is intermittent and can go for a week without doing this. However, when it happens I have difficulty starting the car. I turn the key in the ignition and it takes a while for it to catch and fire up. Sometimes it tries longer than other times, but it does start. This past week, I turned the key and nothing happened, tried again, same thing, third try, it started. This happened two times last week in the same manner. The service people at my Dodge Dealer said there isn't anything they can do about it unless I get stranded, then the computer will tell them what the problem is. I don't want to get stranded, thank you! I just had the starter motor replaced, just because I was perplexed by this and thought this might help. Any suggestions, guys?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today
How many miles ion the vehicle ?
Have the alternator been checked for giving out 14V and more with all the accessories on ( a/c ,headlights/ flasher etc) ?
There a positive cable assembled that goes from battery to Starter that is always an issue with the journey but we have to check?How old is battery has it been checked ?
Please Let me knowChad