-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I've done everything I can find to do to reset the service

Customer Question

I've done everything I can find to do to reset the service "a" interval, but when I hold the "O" button down on my instrument cluster, it will beep after 30 seconds but not do anything.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've watched several YouTube videos and had an instructional printout from the oil lube place.
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: It's a 3 L diesel – approximately 4 miles since my last oil change.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that this is the van with the steering wheel buttons.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

I see that you have a 2008 but what model? Grand Cherokee? And are you trying to reset the oil change interval or "A" trip mileage?

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I can get the correct info for you. I'm posting the correct procedure to get your service maintenance reminder to reset.

Follow the following instructions EXACTLY to get the lamp to reset....

ASSYST Reset procedure (With Steering wheel buttons)

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!

Robert

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Let me know what kind of vehicle you have..

Thanks,

Brad

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the procedure I posted above is assuming that you have a 2008 Sprinter 3.0l Diesel with steering wheel buttons.

If yours is a different vehicle or the steering wheel doesn't have buttons let me know and I'll get the correct info for you..

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

Brad