Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My 08 dodge caravan has a short and my auto lock doesn't

Customer Question

my 08 dodge caravan has a short and my auto lock doesn't work so I have to engage he locks manually. When this happened my back rear hatch is stuck in the lock position and I can't open it. Is there a way to unlock and be able to open my rear hatch?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You could take the rear hatch trim panel off, and manually open the gate, you could then manually unlock the solenoid. That should work to get the gate open.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan