sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid 2 mode Hemi it starts 30

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Dodge Durango Hybrid 2 mode Hemi it starts for like 30 seconds then it shuts off and jolts the vehicle. I need to know what i must do to fix this myself? I have replaced the Hybrid Battery pack and transmission with salvage parts. The vehicle is does the same thing. I was informed that it might be the inverter, What would be the symptoms of a bad power drive inverter motor?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming that you're trained in the dangers and proper hybrid/high voltage procedures and have the necessary safety equipment to do the work. I could not recommend performing repairs on the vehicle otherwise.

The traction power inverter module could definitely cause the symptoms you're describing.

The first step in diagnosing the issue is to see what fault codes are setting in each module. I assume that you've check for codes in all modules?