rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Shuts off at red light and on hwy running about 60 mph it's

Customer Question

Shuts off at red light and on hwy running about 60 mph it's stalls replaced PCM and ETC and Alternator dodge charger rt hemi 2006
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Yes engine light and stall while driving and idle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the Electronic Throttle Control and Computer and Alternator
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

We need to attach a scan tool to the computer system and acquire pertinent data for this issue, just reading the codes won't be enough.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Scan code P0700 transmission control module
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Okay, then we need to scan the TCM with a scan tool to see what it's doing wrong. It most likely is bad.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would the TCM make engine shut off at idle and stall on hwy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Sure can if it thinks the engine needs to be off. Bad info in equals bad info out. You can confirm this with a scan tool in bidirectional mode while scanning the TCM module.

Thanks again, Ron