Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2012 dodge caravan and the manual climate control

Customer Question

i have a 2012 dodge caravan and the manual climate control is not getting cold compressor functions correctly pressures are good but blows hot
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is your engine?
Customer: 107,000 3.6L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we are a full repair facility
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we replaced rear condenser and did a recharge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. If the Compressor is ok, pressures are good, then you have a broken blend door or blend door actuator. Remove the actuator on the left side of the HVAC housing and move the door by hand. If you can get it to blow cold by doing that, then the door is ok and I would recommend replacing the actuator motor.

I hope this information is helpful and If so PLEASE take a minute to rate my service today using the just answer star rating system. I get no credit unless you do. And if you have any follow up questions after you rate I can and will continue to help you with your van.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Ok. I will look for your reply later.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris