Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I HAVE TWO WORKING KEYS BUT CANT LOCK OR UNLOCK WITH REMOTE

Customer Question

I HAVE TWO WORKING KEYS BUT CANT LOCK OR UNLOCK WITH REMOTE SO ALRM IS GOING OFF. GOT A NEW KEY CUT FROM DODGE WITH 4 DIGHT CODE IT WILL NOT LEARN IN
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: HOW DO YOU RESET
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 DODGE DURANGO
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE A SCANNER AND ENTERED CODE WITH IT BUT DOES NOT WORK . LEFT KEY IN IGN. FOR 1 HOUR TO TRY AND RESET SYSTEM STILL NOT WORK
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: THATS ALL
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

If you have a scantool can you tell me what codes are in the SKIM module? Post all the codes here..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
B1a25
B1a2c
B1a35
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello where is my answer