Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

Think I have a bad low pressure cycling switch in my 1996

Customer Question

Think I have a bad low pressure cycling switch in my 1996 dodge stratus (2.4 liter). I have purchased a new switch but having difficulty finding the location of the old switch to replace it with the new one.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is your engine?
Customer: 180 k on the car. The engine is a 2.4 liter engine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have verified that the compressor clutch turns freely when the ac is turned off. It, however, will not engage or spinn when the ac is turned on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The ac clutch relay has been tested and found to be fine. The pressure on the low side of the system was found to be 41 psi & the high side 49 psi.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The AC pressure switch on your 2.4 should be located on the top of the compressor. See it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.