bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I just bought a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan, where it shows the

Customer Question

I just bought a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan , where it shows the temperature outside,the ECO light comes on. I don't understand what that means, or does, I didn't see it in the manual.should I be worried?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: It has 67,000 and no I haven't checked anything yet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've just had it 3 days
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.

ECO just means you're driving to get the best fuel economy, it's really just a marketing thing and comes on when the torque converter clutch has engaged, and when the engine rpm vs vehicle speed provides the best fuel economy for the driving conditions, it came about when fuel prices spiked and is in use still on just about all models BUT NOT on all option levels it's especially in use on trucks where fuel economy is shall we say not great, you will see it com on and go off as you drive and accelerate and coast, it's NOT a warning light in any way

Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.

if you have further questions please ask if you're satisfied please remember

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service