Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a dodge ram 2500hd and just got a new transmission

Customer Question

i have a dodge ram 2500hd and just got a new transmission put in it about a month ago now transmission fluid is leaking badly
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: checked today and had to put fluid in daily and it was replaced when they put the transmission in
JA: What year is your Ram 2500?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hopefully, the transmission cost around 3 grand including labor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it's a jasper transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Where is it leaking?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not sure
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

So you want me to tell you how to fix a leak that you cannot tell me where is coming from?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its coming from the transmission

The actual case of the transmission is cracked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got a new transmission put in about a month ago. Its a jasper, now its leaking really bad

I see you requested a phone call. I submitted the offer. If you accept it I will call you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** my sons truck. If u could call him in about an hour? (###) ###-####

I can. You have to accept the additional service offer first though. I cannot call anyone without that service being accepted. Its an additional service and its against the rules for me to make any contact off site without it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I'm not paying anymore. I guess this won't work

This will work. The phone call will not if you arent willing to pay for it. Ill still help you here and hes welcome to log on your account and talk to me when he gets home.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, is it possible to text

It is, Thats still an additional service and has to cost extra but its cheaper. Its 15 extra to move this to text.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying to get in touch with him and I guess I have to end this conversation. I thought I was helping but I guess not since I don't have all the details. I just don't want to pay for another transmission

The question will stay open as long as needed. Theres no rush.

The transmission is warrantied for 3 years/100,000 miles if its a jasper. This really doesnt have to be your problem. But I am here to help if you want to fix it on your own.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, I'm sure he does

No problem. Ill be standing by whenever you get ahold of him.