Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a 2013 dodge 1500 pickup that won't start. I turn the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 dodge 1500 pickup that won't start. I turn the key on and I can't get it out of gear and the power windows don't work
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's in park.don't know about the other
JA: What is the model of your '13 Dodge?
Customer: It's a ram 1500 pickup
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.I tried shorting across the starter and I got it to turn over.I tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The steering won't lock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this.

Have you check all the fuses under the hood?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Also you should verify voltage to the starter solenoid with the key in the start position to rule out the solenoid.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I have also seen problem in the TIPM cause this. (totally intergrated power module) aka fuse box

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan