Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

Had small fender bender leaving adent in front bumper not

Customer Question

had small fender bender leaving adent in front bumper not enough for airbags to deploy,but afterward the truck is stuck in 4low flashing and wont go back into 2w drive.also road stability light stays on off with instrument panel light on
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2012 dodge laramie deisel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i was hoping to do so.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: afriend with older dodge said ishould be able to dissconnect batteries and truck would reset is this true
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

You can try to disconnect both batteries. It MAY reset the computers and start working properly again. If it doesn't help you will need to have the vehicle scanned for codes. This MUST be done by someone who has access to a capable scanner that can interface with ALL onboard computers. If you can post codes here, I will be able to tell you what should be done to get this fixed...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,