sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Ac blows hot after replacing compresor and checking

Customer Question

ac blows hot after replacing compresor and checking actuators. rear ac also not cooling
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: everything is working. ac is charged and compressor is cycling. as a former ford mechanic this ones got me a bit confused
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 98 grand caravan
JA: What year is your Grand Caravan?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: recharged ac after compressor went bad
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: ac lines are not getting cool or even any moisture on them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 4 months ago.

Hello, did you replace the expansion valve and drier as well? what are your high and low side pressure?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did that almost 2 years ago when I replaced compressor. I have around 35 to 40 on the low and 225 to 250 on the high
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the line temperature isn't dropping then you have a basic a/c system isue, if they were actually dropping yet it blew warm then actuators would be suspect.

The most likely cause for this would definitely be the expansion valve, there is a separate expansion valve for front and rear which will affect them individually.

When was the compressor replaced last? I would assume recently but you mention two years ago.

What was the issue with it when it was replaced?

Where did the replacement come from?