Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Power door locks 't work from the door or the FOB, 2008 RAM

Customer Question

power door locks don't work from the door or the FOB
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2008 RAM 1500 Big Horn
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I haven't tried anything except testing with the truck on and off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked to see if there are any blown fuses at all causing this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't seem to find a fuse that is dedicated to the door locks
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What liter engine is in this model and is a 4wd model?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
4.7 2WD
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,check in your under hood fuse panel for fuse 29 (10 amp) and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown it will need replaced to see if this resolves the issue here.

If this fuse is o.k. the instrument cluster on your model controls the power door locks.The instrument clusters internal circuits for the power door locks alone can fail internally and the cluster then needs removed and replaced or seen if a local repair facility can repair it.The other fault is a possible issue with the Totally integrated power module (which is where the fuse is seated posted above here).I have seen both the module and the cluster fail causing this issue here.

If the fuse is good you will want to have the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done this will help diagnose and locate the component at fault needing repaired or replaced.I suspect either the integrated control module or the cluster if the fuse is o.k.Most of the time it is the cluster.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete