Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

AIr conditioner was working fine. Parked then got in drove

Customer Question

AIr conditioner was working fine. Parked then got in drove off and just blowing hot air now
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Try to put coolant in but will not take any
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 6.7 diesel pickup
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to fill with coolant. Then tried to check fuses. Under the hood can not find one that is for the a/c
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thought there should be a fuse box inside the pickup but can not locate it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Providing the AC system is properly charged and your pressures are with in specs then the problem can be caused by any of the following,

• Air Conditioning (A/C) Pressure Transducer
  • Compressor Clutch
  • Evaporator Temperature Sensor
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)
  • Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) Wiring
    In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20cluth%20DOdge%20Jun%2018.pdf

See the wiring diagram in this link for reference. The fuse to check are marked in this diagram along with there locations.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20doge%20wiring%20Jun%2018.pdf