Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

5.9 cummings deisel/tach senser?

Customer Question

5.9 cummings deisel/tach senser ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What is your question? I dont understand what you mean by a diesel/tach sensor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am putting a 5.9 cummings deisel/ 1996 into a 2008 f350 . the conversion company tech said that I had to remove the tach sensor off of the ford engine and put it into the cummings engine for the ford aklt and ac to work
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry for the miss spelling / alternater

OK. And your question is about where it is?

Did he tell you what sensor he wants? The PCM sends the RPM to the tachometer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no, I need to know if what the conversion company tech said was right and can I go around the senser by joining the contacts
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cam position sensor

Go around the sensor?

The Tach signal originates at the crank sensor.. not the cam sensor but I dont understand what you mean by go around the sensor.

The PCM uses the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) to measure the engine rpm. The PCM sends the instrument cluster (IC) the data over the high speed controller area network (HS-CAN) communication bus, to command the tachometer gauge according to the data.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he told me that the ford alt that I'm using on the cummings would not work and the ac also
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
bypass the sensor on the wireing loom

Bypass it as in eliminate it?

I would say unless he is willing to clarify you just get the engine in and running and see what works or doesnt work then troubleshoot it from there.

I dont see any reason the alternator or air conditioner wont work based on the RPM. Im not 100 percent sure though. I have never done this swap. I Can help troubleshoot it if it doesnt though and we can certainly figure it out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the cam sensor is to put under the adapter plate before putting in chasis so if it goes out you must remove the engine

So the cam sensor is not related to your concern or are you asking where the cam sensor is? Im not sure what you mean by "cam position sensor". Im a human here.., you keep just naming a part and expecting me to know what you want to do with said part and that will not work out for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it sure isn't fair that I would b
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not charging an extra 26$ for talking

Theres no extra charge. Ill talk to you all night for the originally agreed upon 24 bucks.

Now if I accept that phone call request it WILL be an extra 26 bucks. Thats an additional service that does cost an additional fee. Im not going to accept it though since you said you dont want charged the extra 26 dollars. If you are wanting to talk to me by phone I can knock that price down a little for you to 20. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
iI'm waiting for you to call, by clicking call me there is an additional 26$ on the page
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will still be paying 46$ if you call me, I'm a 68yr old dissabled vet

Right. Thats why I am not accepting it. You dont seem interested in that. So would you like to continue here?>