sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a dodge 3500 pickup with thy 6.27 diesel. Both

Customer Question

I have a dodge 3500 pickup with thy 6.27 diesel. Both batteries run down at the same time. In fact they stress shot. I checked for grounds after battery removal and both positives were showing a ground. I did connected the power module and found no ground.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What needs to be done is an ignition off draw test. With one battery disconnected completely, the positive cable on the other hooked up, an ammeter needs to be set up between the disconnected negative terminal and it's post on the battery with the positive terminal in place. Press the lock button on the key fob and wait ten minutes. If the draw is higher than 40 mA then the draw is present. You would then remove fuses one at a time wile watching for the draw to drop, and then concentrate on components on that circuit.

Also remember that the alternator can fail and cause a draw, if the draw goes away with the alternator positive cable disconnected it will need to be replaced.