Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My 2005 Dodge Durango SVC light is on... It's comes on and

Customer Question

My 2005 Dodge Durango SVC light is on... It's comes on and off. The transfer case be engaging all the time
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The battery been checked when I had my oil change and the bulbs been checked
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did all of the steps in the owners manual
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Well if can get threw next week I'm going to have the transfer case fix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master tech and can gladly help you out with your problem.

You need to get this on a scan tool and pull codes from the transfer case. That is the first step in diagnosing this problem.

Once you pull the codes, then we will need to go through the process of verifying the problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan