sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I tryed to jump out my fuel pump relay and when I did it

Customer Question

I tryed to jump out my fuel pump relay and when I did it caused the asd fuse relay to start buzzing and there was a click in front of the engine I could not locate. I can take the asd fuse out and put it back in it still does the same buzzing I even tried the fuel pump fuse which is the same fuse and it does the same thing I messed something up
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 01 dodge ram 2500 5.9 diesel
JA: What year is your Ram 2500?
Customer: 01
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I think my fuel pump is bad I had replaced about a year ago Ill replace it myself this cause I know how
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just what making the asd relay buzz and check when I plug it in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The ASD relay is controlled by the ECM. If the relay is buzzing it's either because of a poor power feed, an issue on the driver circuit or the ECM itself is controlling the relay in a way that's causing the buzzing. This could be due to an internal ECM issue or a poor power or ground to it.

What is the actual problem you were trying to diagnose?