Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

What does code P0456 mean on a Dodge Ram 1500 Truck - 2013?

Customer Question

Hi what does code P0456 mean on a Dodge Ram 1500 Truck - 2013? The engine light is on.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: What is code P0456? I haven't tried to fix, but I did get an oil change thinking this was the problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No the I haven't had any problems with the truck. It has 48,900 mies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There are a few different things that can cause that code. First thing to check or replace would be the gas cap.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks