Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

09 dodge journey p2017 no other codes changed valued made

Customer Question

09 dodge journey p2017 no other codes changed valued made sure runners were free code won't go away
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you already changed the valve with no luck you probably have a shorted wire.

I am attaching a document that shows how to check each of the wires for a short... its a fairly basic check but if you need walked through it let me know.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service or I will not get credit for helping you today. THanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wayne I havever checked the wiring and even replaced the pcm......originally I had code p2016 I found a bad wire and ran a new wire and then it went to p2017, could the guage of wire be causing it to change tonthe p2017

So the question you asked is not the question you have. You actually have a 2017?

Sorry. I see you listed 2017. Im confusing us both here.

OK. To answer your question NO the gauge of the wire could not posisibly cause it. The connections could. There are pinouts in the document I posted. Get the right gauge of wire and replace them all. It sounds like you got an intermittent short somewhere that you arent able to find... since you have already ran one new one you may as well just replace them all.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay I will replacing wiring and get back with you

Alright. I will be standing by. Please dont forget to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. The question will stay open for follow ups if needed even after you rate my service.