Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

My rear brake lights and turn signals aren't working, m y

Customer Question

My rear brake lights and turn signals aren't working, m y Cyclops above my rear window works when I hit the brakes but the tailgate brake lights don't. My reverse lights and running lights work fine. What do I need to fix this
JA: Is the ABS light on? Have you noticed any squealing or grinding noises during braking?
Customer: Yes but I replaced my my front brakes, the abs lights comes on and off now
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 dodge mega cab 6.7 liter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed all lights, brakes, and checked for power to the rear lights, is there a rear light wiring harness that I can purchase, been looking on line and can find it, under the driver side there is a square wiring harness That unplugs that connects all my rear lights
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just don't have power to my bank rear turn signals and brakes, but all other LP lights in the rear work, I t has to be the wiring IU believe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

So you have already diagnosed this as being a bad wire and you are just looking for help finding the wiring harness rather than help diagnosing it, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unless you yiu think it may be something else, not a professional but I have a good understanding of vehicles

What I think wouldnt override what you have already tested.

Have you diagnosed this or not?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe it's the wiring, if I could just identify the technical term for the rear wiring harness assembly and part number, been looking every where for it. It's a larger square module that connects under the driver's door and runs all the way to the back

That harness is not available new. You would have to get a used one. If you want I can try to help you find one. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already considered this idea but wanted a new one, thanks

I understand. Unfortunately it isnt made. I wish I had better news but I dont have any control over the decision to make or not make the harness available. Thats all on Dodge ;)