Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2005 Dodge stratus SRX with 104k . The Dome light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge stratus SRX with 104k . The Dome light ,Radio,and computer connection want work.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes the fuses the little one not the large ones or relays. and nor the bulbs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I ck the fuses in and out side. with a test light. Now i need help.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the trunk release stopped at the same time. My wife got a jump and then I noticed the issues when she returned home.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. This has to be a blown IOD or M1 fuse. Doublecheck the fuses using a 12 volt test light. The fuses have these little test points on top of them. Ground the clip of the test light and probe the 2 test points on each fuse. If you find a fuse where one of the test points powers the light but the other test point does not, then that tuse is blown. Recheck this and then get back to me.

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
K
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Pay attention to fuse # ***** in the inside fuse box,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Hello, were you able to check that fuse today?Chris
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I checked the fuses I have a high tech 6/12/24 volt tester. I found 4 with only one side reading and several with continuity .I did not get dome light to come or Radio. I checked fuses under the hood and driver side panel .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is this it goes across and under the platum intake it has ends that appears to over heated and are bare I Will replace them tomorrow.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please advise what to do next
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Tell me which 4 fuses had only one side reading voltage. Those items under the plenum are capaciters and are only used to reduce radio interference. Those are not related to your problem. I will look for your reply in the morning.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Replace those 4 fuses that had only one side reading and then get back to me if that fixes it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back with you to see how it is going with the vehicle? Were you able to replace the fuses?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello? ??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have not gotten back tomorrow I will be off half day and Co and replace fuses. I noticed a bulk plastic fuse holder that does not come all the way out you can see a red fuse mini .So tomorrow I get back on task.
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks for the update. I will look for your reply tomorrow.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, how did it go yesterday?

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I changed all the 20 Fuses that were only reading continuity. The one Fuse with the plastic holder had a 10 Amp and that completed the circuit and it corrected .part one .Thanks that part is completely done. Just the ck engine light with a open circuit /miss fire on 2 two I went and looked at the firing order and if I am correct the bank near the front on the car the plug reading left to right us the first plug for the 2.7
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Battery Low changing phone now .
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Cylinder # ***** will be on the front bank closest to the passenger side of the vehicle.

Glad I was able to help you with the dome light and when you get a minute would you help me by rating my service using the just answer star rating system> I can and will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you.

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I rate the professional expert advice and customer care working with me 10 out of 10.,A skilled member in his craft.I wanted help a got remarkable satisfaction to Complete the repair.Thanks should be rest outstanding .
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Just be sure to click on one of the "STARS" in the rating section so I can get credit.

Thanks!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. Just be sure to click on one of the "STARS" in the rating section so I can get credit. Thanks! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
I appreciate the kind words, but in order for me to get paid, I ask you to click on one of the positive rating stars. I see you have rated other experts in the past, and it still works the same.Thanks!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.
Hello again, I was hoping you would rate my service using the just answer star rating system. If you cannot, then plese tell me why so I can offer better service in the future.ThanksChris