sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My Dodge 2004 Stratus AC is not blowing cold air. Old freon

Customer Question

My Dodge 2004 Stratus AC is not blowing cold air. Old freon discharged, filled new one twice, took it to two repair shops, changed the compressor twice, no cold air yet" and also my tape is giving me error when I insert CDs but the radio works.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Obviously it appears you have a ac Freon leak. Didn't either of those shops find and repair the leak?

About the CD player, is this a burned CD? If so, try a non-burned CD just to see if it might just be that particular CD.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They didn't find any leak, they even changed the low pressure tubing (valve). As to the CD, I tried many CDs (original) with no luck.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

I am not really an AC mechanic, so I'll opt out and as far as the CD goes, try cleaning the CD player.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on with the a/c. If the system is actually staying full then you could have an evaporator, expansion valve, condenser, drier issue or the problem may actually be with the blend door not moving. If it only blows warm at stops then most likely the cooling fan isn't working.

Does it cool after they charge it but then warms up again?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it doesn't cool at all after they change it. May be I have to get checked the cooling fan. I live in Pearland, TX do you have a mechanic there I can consult?

A dealer would be preferred if it's not something you're going to diagnose on your own.

Does it work while driving but warm up while stopped?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't work at all, even while driving. It is costing me more than I spent to buy this old car. I am afraid the dealer will also cost me a lot.

Does the compressor engage?