Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Pulled my fuses one by one to see if any were Because my

Customer Question

Pulled my fuses one by one to see if any were blown Because my headlights have been flickering off and on. Now my 2005 dodge charger starts but dies after about 3 seconds! What is going on?? Please help! Desperate!
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnect the battery to see if it resets itself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just been having that problem with the headlights blinking out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

Good evening, Make sure that all of the fuses are pushed back in all the way. Pull each fuse back out and reinsert it into the slot and make sure that the slots line up with the blades on the fuses. Do this with both of the battery cables disconnected. After you check all of the fuses make sure you reinstall the battery cables. Now try to start the vehicle and see if the reset works.