Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Bought truck 4 years ago with lit airbag light and no cruise

Customer Question

Bought truck 4 years ago with lit airbag light and no cruise control. Changed clock spring, airbag light gone. cruise control wiring tests good. flashed computer with DRB111 and got a no SC (speed control) installed. Bought a Cardone remanf PCM from J.C, whitney Flashed it With DRB111. Got same SC not installed message. correct PCM installed as per delearship part look up with vin. Bad computers? Bad DRB111 flashing? Called Cardon tech. She said their module could not be flashed with DRB 111. Dealship says they use DRB111 to flash memory. What do I do now, buy another PCM? Try programing with a different programer
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: diesel, no fuse for system
JA: What year is your SC?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: flashing PCM that came with truck and installed and flashed remanf PCM
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the opening explanation should pretty well cover the problem,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you do any thing else can you scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with them, if none are found The problem you are having is likely due to the aftermarket PCM and I would consider getting one from the dealer and having them do the programming for you to assure its not a programming concern. Let me know about any fault codes you find and also be sure to include the year , make and model of your Dodge and we can work from there.