Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

The tpms ljght is on in my 2009 ram 1500 a dodge shop reset

Customer Question

The tpms ljght is on in my 2009 ram 1500 a dodge shop reset them twice but the light came back on
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: the tec. reprogramed sensor serial numbers to the computer and still did not work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to know how to fix
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was told it needed all new sensors at $100 each I want to save money
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The first thing you will need to do is see what codes is has with a scantool.. Can you run by any parts store and have them read the codes free of charge and post the codes here so I can see what's going on? I will need the exact P code that is setting in order for me to tell you what you need to do to repair it..

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked codes last week, there none. Only the tire light on the dash.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

A cheap code reader will not retrieve codes, you need a scantool to retrieve the codes.. Post them here when you get them..