Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Had cam crank corolation code replaced cam sensor first and

Customer Question

Had cam crank corolation code replaced cam sensor first and did relearn which was successful but code kept coming back making engine have loss of power and decided to put crank sensor in to but still have same problem. Truck runs great for short time and same thing happens over and over. Did relearn after each was replaced. Each relearn fixes problem for short period Any suggestions?
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Cant remember code number but its cam crank synk code.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5.7
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats it and to tell me what to look for
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

What is the actual P code that is setting? P0016? Also did you use OEM sensors or aftermarket ones? Can I get the last 8 of your VIN number?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was a P0016 code . We did put aftermarket sensors in. Borg Warner brands. Last four digits in vin code is 5815 We also got another code later on which was a P000B Cam phaser code . I tried the cleaning function with my Snap-On Solus scanner but the P0016 code came back. The P000B code did not come back. I have a sneaky feeling that the cam phaser solenoid is where the problem is. That's what puts the cam &crank sensors in sink doesn't it? What do you think. You could call me on my cell if you'd like or I could call you.(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
messed up on vin code . last 8 are BS535815
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where did you get to Brad? Hope you have a fix for this one. Was kinda hoping you had seen this before.