-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2010 dodge charger 3.5 had oil changed and noticed a little

Customer Question

2010 dodge charger 3.5 had oil changed and noticed a little knocking. had it changed again and seemed a little quieter, someone gas me a bottle of gas/fuel treatment to put in(LUCAS) and within 200 miles check engine light came on. Took to dealer, had all plugs changed getting a code 300 something. dodge says cylinder 4 has 75% psi and all rest have 150%.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it shakes constantly now at idle and is losing power going uphill now. Can you tell me where to start?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Is it a tapping or knocking sound? Also if it's taping is is coming from the valvecover for #4 cylinder? I ask because we have seen quite a few rocker arm assemblys fail and cause this issue.. I would pull the valvecover and tell me if you see the rocker arm assy has eat into the frame of the rocker arm rails.. If we can catch it soon enough you only need to replace the rocker arm assy, but in your case it's misfiring and it's burnt the valve so you will need to pull the head to replace the valves and rocker arm assy..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,