-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I recently replaced injectors 1ans 5 on my 2005 dodge ram

Customer Question

I recently replaced injectors 1ans 5 on my 2005 dodge ram and it wont start. Why?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes it turns over and the batteries are fairly new
JA: What is the model of your '05 Dodge?
Customer: 2005 dodge ram 3400 with 5.9 dw
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and I have looked for leaks and don't see any
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, just wondering why it won't start after replacing the two injectors that were not good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Why were the injectors bad? Solenoid shorted out or were they leaking not building rail pressure? What is the rail pressure when your cranking? Is the lift pump supplying 500 ml in 10 seconds? If you crack open #1 injectors does fuel come out?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not building enough pressure, and I will have to check the rail pressure cause I am not sure, is the lift pump supposed to b 500 ml in 10 sec? Thanks for the help I just don't know why it wont start.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Yes see if the lift pump is supplying 500 ml in 10 seconds, if good then with a scantool see what the rail psi is. A Cummins needs 5,000 psi to start and if it's low then you will need to perform a injector return test to see which injectors are leaking bleeding off the pressure...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Brad so I am getting fuel when I crank but still won't start what else can I try? Please help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
R u there I really need help
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Have a great day,

Brad