Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2005 dodge sprinter 2500 starts fine in morning. no

Customer Question

I have a 2005 dodge sprinter 2500 starts fine in morning. no engine warning lites drives fine. if I stop then restart. will not start. last guy told me to replace crank sensor. I did this it started . but truck stop ing running. my mech. found loose wire on starter. starts fine now. he plug computer into truck. he 1st got 16 different codes, cleared those out,
last time had 4 codes concerning glow plugs and glowplug modules. and a E C U ERROR CODE P2356-008
WHATS MY NEXT
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. If you are getting those glow plug and glow plug module codes, then replace all 5 glow plugs and the module. I do this all the time and it tajes care of it. Then clear the codes and drive it. If the P2356-008 returns, then suepect a problem with the ECU and have it replaced. Hopefully after replacing the glow plugs and module, that other code will not come back.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so please take a minute to rate my service using the just answer rating (star) system. I can still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris