-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

The PRNDL lights stay on when you turn the car off and take

Customer Question

The PRNDL lights stay on when you turn the car off and take the key out on 2001 Dodge Intripid
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: In Park Yes I think is has wheel lock
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything work just the PRNDL light on dash does not og off when you cut the car off. the ometer does go off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would like to
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: everything else works fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

If you leave it alone for 5-10 min does it eventually go out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You asked: If you leave it alone for 5-10 min does it eventually go out? No it has stayed on over night with out going out. I have a scantool for my Ram1500, but it does not fit on the Intrepid to get a code