Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a 99 1500 Ram 5.9 L. My check engine light is on.

Customer Question

I have a 99 1500 Ram 5.9 L. My check engine light is on. It's reading codes PO 132,135 &141. I've replaced both front and rear O2 sensors,yet it still reads these three codes. what am I missing?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Check fuse K in the power distribution box both for voltage and for being good. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wayne, The fuse was blown. i didn't checked the voltage. I understand that high voltage could blow the fuse but for now I'll put some miles on it and watch for the check engine light. Thanks!!!Rod Jones

No problem. Thats what I figured... many times just replacing the fuse does the trick... its like it has a spike or something and doesnt happen again for a long time if ever. If it does blow a couple more times let me know and I will help you investigate. Please be sure to rate my service or I will not get any credit for helping you. THanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wayne, Bull'seye. The fuse was blown, and I'll keep an eye on it. Two Thumbs Up!!!
Sorry this is late, I've been away from my mailbox.