Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I got a1999 Dodge Ram 1500 and when I let off the throttle

Customer Question

I got a1999 Dodge Ram 1500 and when I let off the throttle my truck jerks and backfires. What could cause that? I've changed everything except the injections and coil.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plugs,wires,distributor cap,rotor button,camshaft sensor,crankshaft sensor and throttle position sensor
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: 162,000
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I changed the timing chain and gears back in February
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your engine size and the code or codes stored in the computer? Thank you!