Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 single cab, installed an

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 single cab, installed an aftermarket stereo hardwiring the cable kit that came with the unit to the wires in the truck. The 2 that aren't supported by the new head unit is the illuminator orange wire and the day sensor yellow w/ black stripe. Those have been dead ended. The remote wire from the unit is also dead ended due to I haven't found anything in my truck suggesting that I have the infinity system. There is no amplifier on the speaker nor do I see one behind the glove box. After reconnecting the battery cable the head unit powers up and functions correctly, however, there is no sound. Tried the CD player as well as the radio. Everything looks like it plays, but there is no sound. Everything I've read online suggests that I have the infinity system, but there is no light green wire to attach the remote wire to and again i can't find any amplifiers to bypass either. Thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1s737950
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Everything I keep finding online keeps telling me to either bypass the amplifiers in the door speakers or to connect the remote wire from the head unit to a light green wire that goes to the amplifiers to power them. I can't find either anywhere.
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

After running the VIN, it appears that this vehicle does NOT include the Infinity sound system.

I'm posting a connector pin chart for your radio. Make sure your radio is wired in accordingly and it should work.

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Also, if you can post the make and model of the radio that you have installed, I'll gather the diagram and help you get it hooked properly. Also it will help if you can take pics of your wiring installation and post it here and I will do my best to help...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Oh Yeah, make sure that there is NOTHING connected to the wires in connector C3 if yours is equipped..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The make and model of the head unit is a cardual xdm270. I followed the diagrams correctly and its all connected how it's supposed to be, I do not have the c3 plug
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

If you are 100% sure you connected it properly I would have to assume that they sold you a faulty unit. If everything is hooked up per the pin chart I posted above, it's correctly installed and I can only assume that you have a faulty unit...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will get back to you tomorrow and let you know. I'm going to return the head unit and get a new one.
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

sounds good, I'll be here..

Thank you,

Robert