Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I own a 2003 dodge diesel pickup the fan in gages when I

Customer Question

I own a 2003 dodge diesel pickup the fan in gages when I turn the ac on but don't seen to come on without the ac on. When it's hot out it will overheat. I replaced the clutch fan water pump radiator cap and flushed the system. It's like something not sending a signal for it to come on. Any sugestions
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

How many miles are on your truck? Does it do a lot of towing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
159673 not a lot of towing I work road construction and I do pull a 24 foot travel trailer about once a month
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Check in between the intercooler and the radiator and look for a lot of debris in there blocking the radiator airflow. Let me know if it is clean in there or if there is debris in there...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,