Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

Can a rear end collision cause damage to my rear end

Customer Question

Can a rear end collision cause damage to my rear end differential seal? Rear ended at light. 35-40 mph no brakes. Looking back at child.?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unless your receiver was pushed past the spare tire all the way to the rear differential my opinion is that no, unfortunately it did not cause the leak and from your description it sounds like the bearing damage was a result of the leak so it wouldnt be responsible for the bearing damage even if it was responsible for the leak.

As much as you dont want to hear it the insurance company would claim negligence on your behalf for the bearing damage since you saw it leaking and continued driving it for a week.

Spend your time and money getting a used rear end or getting this one rebuilt rather than fighting the insurance.. that will be a losing battle.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks