Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

2012 dodge ram 1500 air bag light is on : unable to reset

Customer Question

2012 dodge ram 1500 air bag light is on
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: unable to reset and seat belts are no issue
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replaced my seat covers and now the air bag light is on. rechecked all connections and they are all secured
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just removed the neg battery terminal for 10 mins trying to redet computer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The air bag light remains on because the system is still seeing a fault. In order to determine what the fault is you are going to need to scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the light is on. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.