Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2005 Dodgge grand caravan power doors wont operate. If I

Customer Question

2005 Dodgge grand caravan power doors wont operate. If I remove IOD fun, and reset, works for a while. The BMC HAS been reprogrammed
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: continuios...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to, but not required. Had original BMC replaced. that resolved the issue, then had to replace BMC and about a year later, the problem reoccured. removed/replaced IOD fuse. Lasts a few time. Took to dealer, said that the BMC had the fix applied already...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the door locks is a known concern and if they will work after you reset them then its still likely a programming concern or a failing BCM. Dodge has released a service bulletin dealing with this issue . Start first with making sure the correct software was installed. See the bulletin in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20locks%20Jun%2012.pdf