Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Do I have to disable the computer controlled timeing to set

Customer Question

Do I have to disable the computer controlled timeing to set static timeinf
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It wont idle right up and down give it some throdle it back fires then it runs great there like under lite throdle it falls out then press on gas a little more picks up and runs
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 360 90.000 throdle body inj. Do I have to disable the computer timeing to set static timeing if so how to do it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Will you answer my question about timeing
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.

No, all I see is to disconnect the coolant temperature sensor connector.

Here are the instructions,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.