Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a couple of questions about my 2008 dodge diesel

Customer Question

Hello Tim I have a couple of questions about my 2008 dodge diesel 3500. Does my truck have an emergency fuel cut off in case of impact? If so where would it be located to be either replaced or reset?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

chrysler/dodge/jeep has never used any form emergency fuel cut off that can be reset, as far as i know ford was th eonly one to need or use that type of fuel cut off, what's your exact issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ran over some debris and crushed my transmission pan and caused some undercarriage damage. The truck immediately shut down and once I came to a complete stop it started once and only ran for a short time I looked underneath and I didn't find any damaged wires or fuel lines. The truck turns over but doesn't fire
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

ok is there any fuel in the filter housing?

there is an in tank lift pump that feeds the CP3 (high pressure pump) and could be damaged

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to get back to you on that one. I did notice that the tank had some scrapes and could have jarred the in tank pump
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

the lift pump like a regular gas style pump is fragile in it really can't take impacts so if there is no fuel in teh filter housing i would either pull the bed or drop the tank and have a good look at the pump,

Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

if you have a good test lamp and can use it i can send along the pin out to the lift pump so you can be sure it has power and ground.

BUT i will need the vin to get the correct one