Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2011 dodge charger rt, car is in park registering a p but

Customer Question

2011 dodge charger rt, car is in park registering a green p but when going to turn the car off it says its not in park. car has been running for about a half hour
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: cars in park but says it's not when trying to turn off\
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just need the car off for now problem can be fixed completely tomorrow
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: we've tried moving the car, jiggling the shifter, moving the car at slow speed, tried to pop off push to start for a key slot but there was not one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

If you still need help, please post a reply and I'll do my best to help.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert