Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 06 dodge grand caravan. The problem is when I shut

Customer Question

I have a 06 dodge grand caravan. The problem is when I shut the door after 1 minute, my keyless entry or key fob will not unlock, open doors or lock. Once I open the door, the keyless entry or key fob will work. I brought it in once a few years ago to get diaginosed and they said it was showing the rear liftgate was not latch properly, but the latch seems to be working fine. Would this cause it to do this or would you think it is the BCM? I have pulled the IOD fuse to try to reset it, but no luck
JA: Have you ever had to reprogram your fob? How old is the battery?
Customer: battery was just replaced this past winter and no reprograming of the fobs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the battery, all my lights were flickering, so I sanded down the ground under the fuse box which fixed that, checked all the door latches
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: its a 3.8l
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The SKREEM module watches for the signal from the key fob. Once it gets a signal it tells the BCM how to perform. To diagnose this issue a scan tool needs to be used when this issue is duplicated to see if the SFREEM module and BCM are getting a signal. One of the modules is to blame for this.

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If you are not please reply prior to rating the answer.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris