Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Engine light which monitor the emission and engine conyrol

Customer Question

Engine light which monitor the emission and engine conyrol system came and will not go out. Took it to dealer saying I need new transmission
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 151222
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car runs great not having any major problems. Except the light stays on. Also car would not start. Replace battery and alternator. After these were replace have jump car once. Also pwr windows will not open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No willing to take it to shop
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Expect took it to dealer today and they said 2pages of transmission problem. Recommend new transmission because of miles on vehicle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I might be able to help you. Can you please give me the code you are getting?

And can you please specify what engine we will be dealing with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dont have a code

Has the codes not been checked yet?