Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and the vent continues to blow

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and the vent continues to blow even with the key out of the ignition.
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: No
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The vent just continues to blow even when the truck is not running and the key is out of the ignition.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. But another strange thing occurred a few days ago. I started truck break light and ABS light came on and I couldn't roll the windows up and vent or AC would not come on at all. I turned off truck and restarted and then everything was fine again other than vent continuing to blow when truck is not running. Don't know if these problems are all related or not and if I should replace blower module or blower motor resistor or what!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: That pretty much is what is happening.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Its usually a bad resistor. I dont know if the other symptoms are related or not and we cant test to find out unless its currently happening. Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I do not

OK. Without some way of testing we cant really check anything. All I can say is its probably a bad blower motor resistor.