Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

What causes m34 fuse to blow immediately. 2012 dodge caravan

Customer Question

what causes m34 fuse to blow immediately. 2012 dodge caravan with 3.6l eng
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: no electrical work. rear camera does not work. however fuse box panel lists a bunch of possibilities. just wondering what devices are common causes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i do want to fix myself. tried replacing fuse only and it blows instantly
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just looking for probable causes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

It could one of numerous things on that fuses circuit. Instead of continuing to put in fuses, remove that fuse and stick in an ammeter in that fuses socket, that will give you a reading and show us why the fuse blows, then disconnect each item on that circuit to see when the amperage drops below a safe limit, which should well under 10 amps. Here is the wiring diagram showing what to disconnect, starting with the "radiator high speed relay", etc.